Thursday, September 28, 2017

Sticker Stash Layout Tutorial by Giorgia


Hello SRM friends, Giorgia here with a technique to create a unique background for layouts.  One of my favorite SRM Stickers products are stickers, I use them all the time, and for this layout I used tons of them to create a funny background.



I started by pulling out all my stickers stash and choosing the ones that could be useful for my project: a lot of borders, stitches, birthday themed stickers - since I was scrapping my birthday's picture - and also some stickers with a different themes because in all the stickers sheet you can find borders, drawings and words that can be used for several purposes... just think outside the box and let your creativity spread!



To create the background I adhered borders and stitched stickers on the centre of a white textured cardstock: I alternated colors and motifs, and I created a stickers line from top to bottom. 



I adhered the pictures on patterned paper and I added other stickers as embellishments: I adhered some of them on white cardstock and then fussy cut them, to make them pop from the background. For another one I used a small white punched piece.  Use foam tape to adhere it to give an extra pop! 






To handwrote the journal with black pen from Le Pen 4 Piece Set - Dark Colors on a birthday theme label. These pens are great to add journaling also on these smooth surfaced stickers: the ink perfectly dries, it doesn't fade away and it doesn't make a mess (I am always worried to make a mess when I handwrite my journal, since I am a leftie and with many pens I have problems, but not with these!)



I used a sticker as title and I added enamel dots to give an extra pop of colors.







Some close up of the finished layout: 






I hope you liked this technique, I hope you will give it a try.  I would love to see your projects!

Until next time,
ciao, Giorgia 


SRM products used 

No comments: