Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Mother's Day Gift Card Holder by Samantha


Hello! Samantha here with you today to share a Mother's Day gift card holder. I give out a lot of gift cards during the year, so I'm always looking for ways to make them fun and personal. Today I'm using some SRM stamps and watercolor pencils to personalize my gift card envelope. 

My mother-in-law is an amazing gardener, so we often get her a gift card to a gardening store for Mother's Day. With that in mind, I chose the flower from The Lord is Kind and Merciful stamp set to create my envelope. 

I used multiple Marvy Uchida Watercolor Pencils to shade in the flowers. The best part about coloring your envelope yourself is that you can customize the colors to the recipient. For example, I know my mother-in-law loves shades of blue, so I went with 2 different shades of blue, and a purple for the flowers. 


To make the envelope pop a little more, I added a Punched Pieces small white scalloped circle tag.  I also added a "happy day" sticker and a stitched border sticker from We've Got Your Border Bright stickers. I finished it up with a Lavender Jute Twine bow 

This Mother's Day gift card holder is a fun and personal way to give a gift card. How do you like to personalize gift cards?