Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Birthday Countdown Vinyl Sign by Samantha



Hello! Samantha with you today. We make a big deal of birthdays in our family, so I thought it would be fun to make a birthday countdown sign to celebrate the anticipation of an upcoming birthday. 



I wanted to make the sign durable so I could use it for both of my kids and use it year after year. However, that also means I need to be able to change out the photo and count down the days. 


To make the sign durable, I used plywood and painted it in a bright aqua blue. To make the photo easily changeable, I added a small clothespin to the board to hold the photo. I tackled the need to change the countdown number by cutting my star from SRM's chalkboard vinyl. Just write it on and wipe it off! 

I cut "days until my birthday!" from teal vinyl with my Silhouette Cameo. Then I overlayed "birthday!" with gold holographic vinly to really make it pop. To pull everything together, I added some gold holographic vinyl to the clothespin holding the photo. 


This birthday countdown sign is a piece of birthday decor that I'll be able to use for many years to come. My kids love that they can countdown the days, and I love that I can add my favorite photo of the birthday boy! How soon do your kids start counting down the days until their birthday? 

All vinyl used can be found HERE.
SaveSave

No comments: