Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Reindeer Decor with Metallic Vinyl by Samantha


Hello! Samantha here today to share some Christmas home decor. The second I received SRM's gorgeous metallic and holographic vinyl I knew I had to use it for some Christmas decorating. I decided to combine it with a shadow box I had sitting in my stash to make this Reindeer Decor.


I like to create wall art with my Silhouette. Sometimes I design it myself, and sometimes I buy files from the Silhouette shop. There was the perfect file for what I wanted to do in the Silhouette shop, so I was able to save some time (and you know I'm always a bit short on time around Christmas) and buy the fun reindeer name cutting file instead of creating one. 


When I'm creating with multiple vinyl colors, sometimes I like to try out the colors in the Silhouette software before cutting into my vinyl. You can see above what I mean. The colors aren't a perfect representation, but it helps me visualize exactly how I want to lay things out. 


For this project I chose metallic gold vinyl, metallic silver vinyl, and red holographic vinyl. Pictures just don't do this vinyl justice. It's gorgeous and so rich looking in person. It cuts beautifully with the Silhouette Cameo, too!


This reindeer decor with metallic vinyl is a really fun but elegant way to add something handmade to my Christmas decorations. What are you crafting for Christmas this year?


1 comment:

ameliaharris99 said...

OH my goodness! That is beautiful! I don't suppose you are sharing the cut file? :)