Wednesday, August 31, 2016

2017 Workout Calendar by Samantha


Hello! Samantha here today to share with you how I'm going to be using a SRM 8x8 Keepsake Calendar in 2017. Truth be told, in January of 2015 I started eating really well, but exercising regularly is still something I really struggle with. I've decided to do a better job of motivating myself and holding myself accountable in 2017, so I used an 8x8 Keepsake Calendar to create a 2017 Workout Calendar.


Instead of using photos, I made some inspirational printables for the front of the calendar and for each month. At the end of this post you can download your own set for free. For the cover, I made a grey rectangle in the center that is just the right size for a large year sticker from the Year of Memories 2017 sticker set. I love how the clear stickers go on so seamlessly, that you don't even realize it's a sticker! 


I'm going to use the Healthy Plans clear stamp set to keep track of what days I exercise, and what kind of exercise I do (walking, yoga, cardio, etc.). I'll stamp an icon each day that I exercise to help keep me accountable. I'm also going to track my water intake with the use of the water bottle icon stamp from the set. 


The calendar comes completely blank, so I added my days with the Small Calendar Numbers stickers and the months with the Large Snappy Calendar Months stickers


To add a little more color to my calendar, I used the Color In Watercolor pencils to color the area around the month, and then blended the pencil with a waterbrush to make the color more smooth. 


I tried to make the color of the printable and the area I colored in with pencil go with the feel of the month. For example, you see above, that for July, I went with red, white and blue. For November (below) I went with brown, orange, and yellow for a more fall feel.


I think this is going to be a great way to hold myself accountable and have a bit of fun while I track my workouts.


Don't forget to grab an 8x8 Keepsake Calendar and the free PDF printable so you can make your own 2017 workout calendar. 
SaveSave

No comments: