Monday, November 23, 2015

Christmas Stocking by Christine


The new Burlap Stockings are perfect for the upcoming holiday season and right on trend with all the burlap out there!  Christine joining you today to show how I decorated mine using some of our new patterned vinyl.  If you are thinking, wait what!?! Patterned vinyl on burlap? Well I will explain later on why this can be a really good option!


I love the look of the Burlap Stocking with Red Trim and was excited to get my hands on it.  I used my electronic die cutting maching to cut out some of the Patterned Vinyl in Red Dots to make the word Joy. I added that to the stocking.  It sticks really well but is not permanent.  I actually kind of like that because it's on there well enough that it isn't going to fall off, but if I want to pull it off and change it up next year to match new decor, I can!


I also used some 2 inch Lace to decorate the top portion of the stocking.  I attached that using liquid fabric glue.  Can you go wrong with combining burlap and lace? I don't think so!  I also added some ribbon and little ornaments to the stocking hook.  I did this mostly to bring in some additional color and interest.

Christmas is coming up fast!   Snag some of these beautiful stockings now and add a personal touch to your home decor this year!