Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Valentine Doily Banner by Tessa


Hi!  It's Tessa here with you today!  After taking down my Christmas decorations my house felt so boring.  I decided to spruce it up with some Valentine's decor.  I created a fun and frilly banner for my mantel using an assortment of SRM's Doilies.



This was fairly simple to make. I started by cutting 1" strips of white paper and attaching them end to end until it was the same width as my mantel.  I used a gluestick to glue down the doilies along the long strip of paper.  I varied the size, color, and position of each one for interest. 





Once my doilies were down, I added some large and small scallop punched pieces in pink, red, and white.  I added some heart stickers from the Stickers by the Dozen/Valentine Sticker Sheet to the smaller scallop pieces.  I also added a sprinkling of sequins and a few bows tied with Pink Sorbet Baker's Twine.


I love the variety of doilies in the SRM store - hearts, metallics, large and small!  They are one of my favorite SRM products!  And since I created this banner, SRM has added some new doilies that I love in black, green, red and white.


It didn't take too long to put together and I think it looks great up on my mantel.  I can't wait to add a little bit of red and pink throughout the house now!  Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?  
Thanks for joining me today
-tessa

2 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

Ooooh, I like that! Very, very pretty! Great job!

Shelly said...

So fun and cute! Love it!