Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Turtley Love You Card by Cassonda


Hi Everyone! Cassonda here with you today to share with you a fun Valentine card using the new Jane's Doodles Stamps. They are so fun! Remember when you were little and you would receive those silly, "punny" Valentines cards? Jane has made such a cute selection for the new release. You really should go check them out for yourself. 

I used some pretty papers by Doodlebug for the top and bottom of the card. I also wanted something soft for the background so I thought some printed vellum would be perfect. It's still in style, right? ;)

SRM Stickers Blog - I Turtley Love You Card by Cassonda - #janesdoodles #clearstamps #stickers #valentines #card

I used the Garden Friends stamp set for the sentiment and turtle. I colored in my little turtle with chalk and covered him with microbeads. To be precise, I used a wet glue with a sharp tip to draw the glue lines. Then, covered with the beads and let it set before tapping off the beads that didnt stick. After it was completely dry I adhered the turtle with foam tape. To finish off the card I added just a small strip of stitches stickers along the bottom edge.

SRM Stickers Blog - I Turtley Love You Card by Cassonda - #janesdoodles #clearstamps #stickers #valentines #card

One of my very best friend is obsessed with turtles...so I will be sending this her way for Valentine's Day.   Hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very nice

Katie said...

This is so cute! I love the little beads on his shell. :) Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.