Monday, October 27, 2014

A Little Halloween Ensemble by Lorena


Hello SRM friends!  For the next few weeks SRM is being featured in a "Linky Party" over at Paper Issues.  Be sure to join the fun HERE!  

It's Lorena here just in time for some trick or treating and for the Linky Party! :) Today I bring you a treat + mini card set with lots of sticker goodness!  Again, another project that could be mass produced in no time and used as a fun party favor or school treat.


Let's start with the treat. I used  the Tiny Tube and filled it with seasonal Reeses Pieces. I love this stuff! And yes, some of the round little guys may have been harmed in the process of making this project *nom nom* I started adhering a border from We've Got Your Border/Halloween around the tube cap, and topped it with one of the cute scary pumpkins from FreeStyle/Halloween. They fit perfectly!


The "Trick or Treat" pannel comes also from FreeStyle/Halloween. I adhered it to a piece of vellum and trimmed it. That way it has stability but not too much bulk. At first my idea was making a tag with it (just punch a hole on the top and you're done) and then tie it around the tube. But when I was playing around with it to see the placement I wanted, I found that I loved how it looked adhered to the tube with foam tape. So I went that way.


For the card I stuck with similar elements so everything would coordinate nicely. I layered a green border from FreeStyle/Halloween and the same border I used on the tube. The sentiment and the pumpkin come again from FreeStyle/Halloween. I trimmed it, adhered it to a piece of white cardstock and trimmed again so the white border would make it pop against the black background. Finally, I added dots with a white gel pen to mimic the pumpkin sticker I used on the tube cap.


And we're done! Thanks for visiting, have fun this Halloween and remember that it's all about the candy ;)

And don't forget to hop on over to Paper Issues where you can join the SRM Linky Party fun!

2 comments:

Leah l'Orange said...

so bright and happy and FUN, Lorena! love them - and love that you've shared them on the Link Party at Paper Issues! a huge thanks to SRM Stickers for sponsoring - I LOVED working with everything!

Lucy E. said...

Great projects! I tried clicking on the links to see what was in your store and it went to the "Go Daddy" page. It said something about the domain had expired on 10/28/14.