Monday, June 11, 2012

You are my Sunshine by Carolyn


Carolyn King assembled a sweet Summer gift tube and coordinating card. Here's what she had to say about her project; "I decided to make a cute "pick me up" set. I always loved the "You are my Sunshine" expression and I think it would brighten anyone's day to get a card and treat tube with that sentiment."


"For the treat part, I used a skinny tube and altered it by using a chipboard shape I had lying around (Little Yellow Bicycle) and adding the sentiment up the trunk. I added a heart shaped button to mimic the cinnamon hearts I filled the tube with."


"For the card, I altered a silhouette shape I found for the sun beams then framed the sentiment in a sun shape and stitched around it. I used SRM Sticker Sentiments- Summer (#51011)."


The divine and talented Nina Brackett is here tomorrow with an assortment of greeting cards that will blow you away! Come back to see us!

6 comments:

~jan said...

What an adorable summer set, Carolyn!

Lalo said...

One great set!!!

Clare said...

I LOVE this project, really fabulous!!

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

Love this!

Virginia L. said...

What uber creative takes on sunshine, Carolyn! Love them all!

Alice Pace said...

Beautiful cards! When I grow up I wanna be Nina B.